Thursday, August 03, 2006

Mother's Daughter...

I have become my Mom. That's right, I'm definitely my Mother's daughter. Today I went to Home Depot got some paint samples and then studied them for over an hour. I did have a reason for doing that, it wasn't some bizarre action on my part.

It just so happens that I'm in charge of a decorating project at my church. Well, it's more than just decorating, I'm actually coordinating the addition of a coffee house for the church.

My first concern is getting the room painted, which explains my obsession with paint samples. As I stood in the room, of what is to become our coffee house, and held up paint samples to the wall; I was struck by the fact that this was behavior I use to watch my Mom exhibit.

Mom I love you, but I'm about tell on you. She use to have these paint samples and would ask everyone in the family what we thought about her choices. She would ask, and she would ask, and she would ask. Truthfully, none of us cared. It's just that my Mom has such good taste in colors and design that whatever she picked always looked nice.

And here I stood today, looking at different paint choices and gripped with indecision. Man, if someone else had been in that room with me I'm sure I would have annoyed them with constant, "Are you sure it looks okay?"

Yes, I'm definitely my Mother's daughter. I LOVE YOU MOM!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

jenn....don't worry I see that I am becoming my Mom at times too....and I'm a guy (weird!)