Wednesday, August 30, 2006

I Did a First Tonight...

That's right, I did something for the first time this evening. I went to a movie theater by myself. You see, I sort of had this pass good for one free movie ticket and it was expiring today, so instead of letting it go to waste I thought I might as well use (even if it meant going by myself). I really didn't mind the whole experience either.

In the entire auditorum it was me and two other girls. I guess they weren't have a very busy night, or it could have been my choice in a movie (Material Girls). I thought the movie was cute and funny, not the best or the worst I've ever seen, but on the whole a good film.

It was the previews that really got me. One preview in particular. It was for an upcoming film called Flicka. I'm sitting there watching this preview about a mustang (for those of you who think that's a car in this case i'm talking about a horse) named Flicka and the young girl who tames it. The movie is also about the relationship between a daughter and her father.

I've never done this before, but I started crying over this preview. I sat there and knew I was going to see this movie someday and when I did I'd have a box of tissues close at hand. You know if I have tears during a preview I'll be sobbing the film away. Boy, and I can't wait for that film to come out!!

1 comment:

Brendan said...

didn't i read that book in lit class? i thought it was about a guy and his horse...not a girl.