Thursday, October 27, 2005

Marriage in Utah...

Okay, so I share with my family and friends from time to time that there seems to be a not so subtle pressure to date and marry young out here in Utah. I'm sure that most of you take me for my word on this subject, yet I still feel that you need further convincing.

Today I was online looking up tidbits on the history of Utah. I happened to stumble across the following site:

http://www.utahmarriage.org/

Yeppers, it's a site dedicated to dating and marriage. All I have to say, "Only in Utah." :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found the following quote on this page:
"Is your marriage prepared for the challenges that come with being a new parent? Marriage Moments is a program of information and activities designed to help new parents strengthen their marriages during this time of change and stress."

Not only do they assume marriage but they assume that marriage means the couple will be parents. Marriage and parenting become one and the same. Obviously they were right when they ended the quote talking about change and stress!! Geez... get a clue

Anonymous said...

Well, shouldn't marriage and parenting go together?