Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Comments Made...

At the end of each one of my entries there is a link that you are able to click if you're interested in leaving comments. For awhile most of the comments being made were spam and not at all interesting. Then a kind friend of mine, thanks Brendan, shared with me how word verification cuts down on the spam placed on blog sites. Since that time I haven't received a single spam comment, VERY nice.

Yesterday, there were two comments left, two genuine comments. (By the way I know when the comments are left because I receive them to my email account). The first one was made under the entry, "Almost too Many to Count..." written about a family with twenty-two children born into it. Here is the comment:

Guess Who said...
22 doesn't sound like too many to me! ;)

Well, "Guess Who" I'm taking you up on your offer, and my guess is that you're Stephanie Layman. Now, if I'm wrong the correct party better identify themselves. For if one of my friends other than Stephanie is considering having that many I need to know about it...muy pronto.

The other comment I received yesterday came late in the evening. I was sitting in my apartment enjoying a nice relaxing evening and catching up on the local Virginia news (yep, I get the DNR sent to me in Utah). When I suddenly heard a noise from my computer in the next room. It was a particular sound that I recognized, it was the you just received an email sound (I get a giddy pleasure from that sound). Being of the curious nature that I am, I went immediately to see who sent me an email. And there was my other comment for the day. It had been made under the entry, "Reasons You Might Need a Candle..." Here is the comment that was made:

Anonymous said...
"Thy Word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path." (Psalms 119:105) - Just think; as that tiny candle was light to you in the blackout, Jesus is light enough to penetrate the blackest darkness. "..in Him there is no darkness at ALL". (1 John 1:5) The magnitude of that thought always blows me away.

Whoever made this comment, and this time I have no guesses as to their identity, really spoke to my heart. There is a distinct irony in these scriptures and where I was at the time. I was in fact sitting in a dark room with only the light from the computer screen and one single bright candle shining.

Sitting there I watched the small flame of the candle shine out bringing light to the room and I reflected on Jesus' light to the world. That single candle brought just enough light into the room that I could see my way in the darkness, but it didn't dispel the darkness entirely. That's what is so wonderful about Jesus, He dispels ALL the darkness and brings light into our lives, for he is the light. As my anonymous friend has shared from the book of 1 John "...in Him there is no darkness at all."

No comments: