Sunday, July 17, 2005

A Night on the Town...


Okay, so I realize that this photo is a little dark. In my defense it was around mid-night when I had the genius of capturing this gorgeous fountain. This particular fountain is located in a fancy little strip mall called Jordan's Landing. This isn't but a ten minute drive from where I live, and absolutely any major shopper's dream haven. What I've found most to my liking about Jordan's Landing is the centralized location of all my favorite stores. It's been most ideal to be able to jet in and out and be done with all my shopping (which I view more as a chore) in the shortest amount of time.

Back to the fountain, this one in particular is certainly one of my favorites. Though you can't tell from the photo it is made up entirely of tiny bits of mosaic tile, which reminds me of the colorful art work of Spain. To add to the atmosphere of this fountain is a cozy little plaza with outdoor dining areas and live music. Spending time there is like being back in Europe, and especially reminds me of my time in Spain when I took more time for plazas and a nice cafes.

It's a certainty that I'll be spending more of my summer evenings by this fountain with a delicious cup of hot tea, a good book and some great live music. I mean who could pass up a relaxing little haven like this one.

No comments: