Sunday, July 17, 2005

Church Fellowship...

Shortly after my arrival in Salt Lake City I began attending Church at a Christian and Mission Alliance Church (CMA) by the name of Discovery Christian Community. The fellowship and the love of Christ that I've experienced from the other believers there has just been such a blessing. So I thought I would take some time to introduce you to a few of my new friends from Discovery Christian. The picture to the right is of (names from left to right) Cami, Danielle [pronounced da-nell], Micheala, and Ally. Danielle who is standing slightly behind the rest of the girls is the female youth sponsor for Discovery Christian. In this picture each of the girls (with the exception of Danielle) have tamed down their hair to it's natural color, which is something of a surprise since I'm use to seeing a rainbow of purples, pinks, blondes, reds and greens. Hair color in this group is definitely a matter of daily or weekly preference.

This next photo is one of Pastor Steve Meltzer. Here, he's taking affirmation from Danielle on the day's message. Since my arrival at Discovery Christian the study focus has been on the 10 Commandments, today it was number 6, "Thou shall not murder." I've been impressed with the way in which Pastor Steve is able to present God's Word, it's always very relevant to our times and situations.

This last photo on the right is of Tommy who is relatively new to Discovery Christian. He came into the Church this past fall to begin as the new youth pastor. He started with two youth about ten months ago and now he has an average of 12-15 attending each week. All I have to say is, How Amazing is God!!! Tommy has a real enthusiasm and love for young people and God's just using those gifts to bring people to Christ.

There are so many other wonderful and loving people I've met at Discovery Christian, and I look forward to introducing you to them all over the next weeks and months (if only through pictures).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen I am glad that you found a church to call home. Thanks for sharing the pictures, it is nice to see faces to all who you have talked about. I am glad that you got a camora.

E