Sunday, March 19, 2006

What a Week...

What a week I just had. I believe in this past week I went through just about every crisis a person can name (okay maybe not every crisis...but you get the point). Here's a few from my list with some stories to go with:

  • Emotional
  • Car
  • Financial
  • Physical

Well, I know you don't want to hear about all my little crisis', so here's the car and the physical to tide you over.

I've known that something was wrong with my car for some time, but every time I took it to the shop the mechanic said it was fine. Of course my car was on it's best behavior for the mechanic, but when it came to just me in the car it made funny noises and behaved very badly.

Eventually I found a mechanic who was inclined to agree with me and say that yes it did make funny noises and something was definitely wrong. In fact it was the water pump that needed to be replaced desperately for the sake of my coolant levels (I had leaking coolant - which I've learned is NOT good). Okay, so all of this meant that I had my car in the shop and out of comission for two days.

My physical crisis relates to a bump on my head that I recieved. While at work on Thursday night I crashed my head into the corner counter and blacked out. I ended up at the ER getting a C.T. scan, because nobody wanted to take any chances with my huge ol' goose egg and my dizzy spells. All in all, what should have been a short shift at work waiting tables turned into a long visit to the hospital. Then of course the next day was followed by a pounding headache, but I guess that is to be expected.

So there, you have my week of crisis in a nutshell.

No comments: