Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Here of Late...

Here of late, I've been thinking plenty of home, and by home I mean life back in Virginia. I guess I'm beginning to realize that "home" will always probably mean Virginia to me. Here I've been in Utah for almost a year now, and life is comfortable and good, but home is still Virginia.

Why, you might ask am I thinking about home? Well, partially because I'll be leaving for a visit to Virginia in about two weeks, then there is the fact I've been in Utah so long, and now my family is considering selling the one home I lived in most of my life. I know, so many thoughts that swirl around in my little head.

First off is the visit home. Yeah, I guess that really got me going on my home thinking. It'll be the first time I've seen my parents or siblings in almost a year (well except for my brother who I did see at Thanksgiving). Then of course is a whole bunch of other family and friends I haven't seen in just as long and I can't wait to see them either. It's funny but when I think of my visit home it isn't the places I'll be seeing again but the people (well except for El Charo's!!!) I guess all that say "home" is about love ones not location.

I'm definitely glad it's not about location, because as I mentioned earlier my parents are considering selling the family farm and the home of my childhood. This isn't really all that bad, but I am glad I'll be going home again just to spend some time in the ol' place. I can't begin to share all the special memories that house has for me and my family. But then again when you still have your family you don't need a house to remember special times.

Strangest of all my thoughts here of late is that Utah is good for me. Sure there have been tough times here, when I missed family and friends or longed for my established life back in Virginia, but for the most part that isn't so. For the most part I have a happy and established life here in Utah. Being here (exactly where God wants me) gives me a sense of purpose and fulfillment that makes life a joy.

All of this leads me to another thought. Okay, so Utah might not be the "home" of my family and friends, but it's become a "home" of my heart.

And this is Jenn signing off from here late night ramblings. Hope you enjoyed and until next time...God's Blessings on you all!!

No comments: