Friday, September 08, 2006

Nine Months...

I think I understand now the feeling I hear from most pregnant women as they approach their delivery date. No, I'm not pregnant. I'm not gaining empathy from that personal of an experience. My experience is a little less related, but somehow my mind made the correlation.

My experience revolves around a key chain that I've now owned for nine months (aha, correlation). You see I like this key chain, it was given to me by a good friend and reminds me to think of this person whenever I notice it. The problem with this key chain is its attachment. It simply doesn't want to stay attached to my key ring. Everyday I have to screw it on a little tighter for it to stay attached (atleast three times a day).

Whenever I pick up my keys I have to check my key chain and if I don't the key chain simply falls off. And I don't want to lose this key chain (again it reminds me of my good friend).

There's more to this correlation between pregnancy and my key chain than just nine months. I think it has to do with feelings and a need to be done. See, I've had this key chain for nine months now and as much as I like the key chain I'm ready to be done with it. It's something about the magic of nine months. You can put up with about anything annoying for about nine months, but when you hit that magic mark you can't take it any more.

Well, I simply can't take the loose key chain anymore. I'm thinking of giving it a special place in retirement.

Good friend out there don't be offended. You're special key chain is going to hold a place of honor in my home...I'm thinking refrigerator!!!

1 comment:

Brendan said...

maybe that friend should get you another key chain of better construction.