Friday, September 22, 2006

Getting Jacked...

You want to know who's getting jacked (and doesn't have a lot of say in the matter), ME that's who. Well, me and the almost entire state of Utah.

We Utahans have sat by in the last couple of weeks and watched while gas prices all across the country have steadily dropped. The problem (and you can probably guess where I'm going) is that our gas prices have stayed about the same (maybe they've dropped about $.05 but that's all).

The Utah state Govnenor is at present investigating price gouging that might be occurring. Earlier this week the Govenor did some informal investigations and came up and with and I quote, "Utahans are getting shafted!" That's right!!! While the rest of the country has an average gas price of $2.44 the state average for Utah is about $.40 higher (NOT FAIR).

I'm not a conspiracy theorist by any stretch, but I have a theory now as to why are prices are still high in Utah. It's all Bush's doing!!!

See I was reading yesterday about how President Bush's approval rating is rising as the gas prices are dropping. Well the way I figure it what does Bush care about the gas prices of little ol' Utah I mean we're going to vote republican hell or high water. With the republican vote securely in the politians pockets for Utah it's not a large concern about appeasing us with lower gas prices. They're probably even subsidizing the nation's lowered gas prices with the higher prices that Utahans are paying.

So, I might not have any hard facts to back any of these raging allegations up with. I guess that's why it's only my theory (and probably not an even clever theory), but it works for me.

What do you think? I'd like to hear your explanations.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your gas is still cheaper than mine.

Brendan said...

oh cry me a river.

gas prices in jamaica range from JMD$51/L in Kingston to $55 in the country. The average comes out to USD$3.05/gal.

API's July report on fuel taxes has some interesting numbers. Utah falls around the middle of the pack.

didn't your parents ever tell you that life's not fair?

any road, looking at this map, it looks like UT doesn't really have it all that bad in comparison with the states west of you.

and looking at AAA's fuel gage report, the bottom just dropped out underneath the pump prices, so they should catch up to wholesale prices within a matter of weeks.

well before election time anyway.