Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Up Later Than Usual...

I don't know if that heading is really true or not (it's 12:25 a.m.). I do have a tendency of being more of a night owl. Maybe tonight it just feels as if I'm up later than usual because I'm actually pretty tired.

You'd think with my burning eyes and on coming fatigue I would just choose to fall right off to sleep. Think again. For some reason it's in this state I'm most productive. I wanted to get some writing done tonight, and it's when my brain is beginning to shut down that I'm actually getting around to that writing.

I blame this tendency on all those years spent in College. I formed a rather nasty habit of waiting to the last minute to finish my work (okay...my last entry did hint that this habit of procrastination was more a part of my nature than something I formed over time). For me waiting to the last minute was working on that final draft (sometimes it was the rough draft) in the wee early hours of the morning on the project's due date.

Even now as I'm post college I seem to do my best writing late into the night. For some reason my eyes have to feel that burn as they stare into the computer screen, and my mind has to swim in a sea of haziness. It is during this time that the words pour forth onto the screen with little effort. In these late night hours I'm not one to second guess my writing, and sit and scrutinize every sentence.

The late night hour allows my true voice to come across paper. If you want to really know what I think or feel keep me up late at night, and then give me pen and paper or a computer and you'll have your answers. Just beware the spelling and grammer might not be so hot. : )

2 comments:

Brendan said...

don't you mean "grammer ain' gwanna be so hot"? >)

Jenn Heatwole said...

don't YOU mean "grammer ain't gonna be so hot"? ; )