Monday, April 24, 2006

Another Late Night Vigil...

So here I am again writing to you from the early hours of the morning (or wee late hours of the night if you need to think of it in that context). It's now exactly 1:00 a.m. and I'm still wide awake.

This late night schedule is mostly due to my working hours. For example, last night I wasn't home from work until after midnight, and then it still took me atleast two hours to wind down before I could actually sleep. And even though I took time to distance myself from my working hours before trying sleep I still had Chili's dreams.

Those are the dreams that haunt me from the worst of what happens at Chili's. I hate those dreams, they're the ones where customers are upset over food orders, or I'm being sat too many tables at once and can't keep up, or there is something else going on that is totally out of my control. These dreams always keep me from having a good night's sleep. Not very pleasant at all.

Another reason I'm still up at this hour is because I choose to be : ) Tomorrow (actually today because of the hour) I'm taking an overnight flight into Jamaica to visit friends. The way I figure the situation is that if I can stay up late tonight I'll be more inclined to take a nap this afternoon and be more alert and rested during my flight and layover. The only problem with this solution is the following day when my body is saying I should be sleeping and I actually need to be on the go. But I'll cross that bridge when I get there (how's that for a motto?) : )

Well, I should be off I still need to pack for my trip and knowing me I'm going to need to take my time (double checking everything for I'm always bound to forget something).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jamaica 'mon - have fun - i'm jealous - let us know what you did