Sunday, April 09, 2006

Home Sweet Home...

Very early this past Thursday I arrived in Virginia for a visit home. By very early I'm talking plenty early. I took a red eye flight into town and got to Baltimore Airport at around 5 a.m. Of course I capped off that long flight with an equally long and tiring drive home (about three hours). Bless my parents though for they did the driving home and let me sleep in the back seat. It's been a great visit so far, and I've realized recently that I'm enjoying something now that I haven't really done much of in Utah (of course I plan on remedying that situation on my return). What I've done a lot of so far is just visiting with friends and family. Often times that means giving a little advance call or just showing up unexpectedly on their front doorstep. Visiting with people in their homes or places of work and taking a little time out of my day to meet them on their home turf is actually quite great. So often in Utah I'm known for calling people up and meeting them somewhere else or they do the same with me. That's great and all, but usually we end up in crowded restaurants or very public places that are noisy. What a pleasure it is to stand out doors or sit in a quiet living room and have a relaxing and fun conversation. Well I really should be cutting short my thoughts here and getting myself off in bed. I have one more full day in Virginia and I need to be well rested to make the most of it.

No comments: