Saturday, August 13, 2005

That New Car Smell...

Okay, so this isn't so much the new car smell as it is the new truck smell of a 2006 F350 XLT with the Powerstroke V8 diesel engine. Now that's a pretty good smell. It also happens to be the first truck I've sold at my new job. I began working for Larry H. Miller Truckland on August 3rd. Actually I began sales training on August 3rd and they got me on the showroom floor this past Monday, August 8th.

It has been a busy and often times confusing week. I don't always know or understand what I'm doing, but I'm learning gradually. There's a process to selling a vehicle and I'm beginning to grasp all the different aspects. It'll probably take me a couple more weeks before it starts feeling like second nature.

They say though that the first sell is always the hardest, so I was overjoyed when I sold my first truck last night. It's a great feeling when you're able to hand the keys over to the new owner and watch them drive off the lot. To see a smile on their face and watch them take a deep breath of that new truck smell.

No comments: