Tuesday, August 23, 2005

I want to thank my sister Lora for this quote:
There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading, the few who learn by observation, the rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

So today my car was towed to a local repair shop. Since yesterday my car had refused to start. My housemate and tried to start it, and even tried to jump the battery. The tow guy tried to start it, with no luck. I tried to start it many a time. Of course, once I got my car to the shop and the mechanic tried to start it, it started at once.

Now this isn't the first time a vehicle has done this to me. I remember one of my Dad's trucks that would occasionally break down and leave me by the side of the road. In those cases I would try and try to get them going again (with no luck), then the moment my Dad arrived it would start right up for him. Gosh, now I know how to drive, and I especially know how to start a vehicle, so don't give me that, "hmmm??? It wouldn't start???" look.

I have a theory about cars and trucks, they like men better. I'm certain my Dad's truck liked him more than me, and took perverse pleasure in making me look bad. Now my car is getting in on the deal. I believe what happened was that last week during my car inspection my vehicle took a special liking to Ray the mechanic. Now, who is my car going to start for, of course it's going be Ray. If my car could feel emotion it was probably really happy with itself today while it sat there purring for Ray and I stood by quite bewildered.

No comments: