Thursday, August 25, 2005

Pictures for Text...

Someone recently accused me of not posting enough pictures on this site. I'll try to make amends for that oversight at this time, what I can't promise is that they'll be recent photos (I'm far too busy working to take photos). Because of the lack of new photos, I'll put some older ones to good use, for it's always nice to take a look back.

This photo was taken almost three years ago, hard to believe it's been that long now. I'm sure you're probably able to guess that it's the Eiffel Tower in the background. The photo was taken of my friend Ethan and myself. (And now to take a moment to rag on Ethan :-) You asked for photos - You got photos [of you]).

This summer I've missed dreadfully the wonderful hiking that's available back home in Virginia. This photo reminds me of a beautiful Sunday afternoon (a couple years back) when several of the Young Adults from my Church decided to go hiking up on Skyline Drive. The couple in this photo is Andrew (who is away in Africa at this time) and Stephanie (who makes me giggle every time we talk on the phone).

This photo was taken in Lesotho, Africa. These village boys were so proud of their homemade bows and arrows, and wanted me to make sure I got a picture of their handywork. The children I encountered on this trip were one of the richest blessings of the experience. It's been a little over a year now since my time in Africa, but the child still remain so vivid in my memory.
This photo is of my Dad and five of his six sisters. The missing sister was in Williamsburg at the time this photo was taken. My Mom took this picture at a recent family night. Family Night was started about fifteen years ago when my Dad and his sisters decided to get together for food and fellowship. So, every other Thursday night they take turns hosting and providing food, so that all the siblings and cousins can get together and have a good night.

I took this photo last Christmas of my Dad and his eldest sister my aunt Janice. You're eyes are not deceiving you this photo is in black and white. I was on a big black and white film kick at the time. I think it makes the photo look classic, don't you agree? Well, my aunt Janice was the one sister missing from the earlier photo, and I didn't want to leave her out completely.

I think that's all the photos I need to post for the time being. I've covered a lot of the high points, my family, friends and some meaningful places. I hope you all enjoy the splash of color.

No comments: