Monday, July 02, 2007

The funny and unexpected...

Okay all you males out there, BEWARE!! My new roommate, Olivia, could take you unaware.

My good friend Jake learned the hard way last evening. It all started last evening when I small group of us went out to dinner last evening. In attendance was Tommy, Fou, Jake, Olivia and myself.

The evening was going well, with nothing too out of the ordinary happening, and then Jake went to leave. Jake stood at the end of the table with Olivia at the end nearest him. He's saying his goodbyes and Olivia took a moment to say her fairwell to him. It went something like this:

"Remember who you are and what you stand for."

I know, I know, that's nothing too extra-ordinary. It was Olivia's actions that took precedence over her words. She took that moment to give Jake a "go get 'em" butt slap. This coming from the girl that met Jake only two weeks ago.

I, of course, started laughing immediately. I don't know what I found more amusing the look of innocence on Olivia's face or the look of complete and absolute shock on Jake's.

At that point, I guess Tommy felt he must defuse the situation so he made a big tah-do over wanting to slap Jake's butt goodbye too. In the end the only persons who hadn't had their hands Jake's tushie was Fou and myself (aren't we the lucky ones).

So beware gentlemen you never know when my roommate might strike, or what sort of behavior will rub off on ME.

No comments: